Registered Dietician (PACE)
Orange, California 92868
Registered Dietician (PACE)
Reports to: Supervisor, Dietary Services
FLSA status: Non-Exempt
Salary Grade: I - $29.33 - $44.95 ($61,000 - $93,500)
About CalOptima Health
CalOptima Health is the single largest health plan in Orange County, serving one in four residents. Our motto — "Better. Together.” — is at the heart of our mission to serve members with excellence, dignity and respect. We are a public agency made up of compassionate leaders and professionals working together to strengthen our community's health. We are continuing to build a culture that promotes diversity and inclusion within our community where employees have a sense of belonging, and are valued for their ideas, contributions, and their unique individual perspectives they bring. CalOptima Health has been recognized as one of Orange County's best places to work, so we know there is something special about our organization. It is why people choose to work here and why they choose to stay!
About the Position
The Registered Dietitian is responsible for providing nutrition care, education and food services to CalOptima Health's Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) participants. The incumbent evaluates participant's nutritional status, develops and implements nutritional care plans, assesses nutrient requirements and recommends nutritional prescriptions. Responsibilities also include assessing participant's nutritional care, communicating nutritional data and providing information to the primary care staff and other interdisciplinary team members.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in a mission-driven culture of high-quality performance, with a member focus on customer service, consistency, dignity and accountability.
- Assists the team in carrying out department responsibilities and collaborates with others to support short- and long-term goals/priorities for the department.
- Collects patient data and completes required forms with responses according to department and industry standards, identifies patient's overt nutritional problems/needs, including proper intake and diet texture and sets reasonable priorities. Identifies problems requiring further referral and/or follow-up, assesses participants' responses and satisfaction with nutrition services.
- Develops a plan of care based on the nutritional therapeutic process, Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND) standards, which incorporates the plans of other disciplines and continuing care needs. This includes the patient/family in developing or revising the nutrition plan of care and makes referrals to interdisciplinary support services. Initial/Annual and periodic assessments to be completed prior to the scheduled team meetings. Communicates participant changes to team members. Coordinates care with Registered Dietitians at outside dialysis centers and skilled nursing facilities as required for continuity of care.
- Provides in-services and group education classes to participants, families/caregivers, residential care facilities, PACE staff and contractors regarding nutritional requirements and special dietary regimens as prescribed by the physician or Registered Dietitian. Documents all nutrition interventions and recommendations accurately and within departmental time requirements into patient's charts. Reviews daily diet list as assigned. Assists in meal service delivery to participants attending day health center.
- Monitors and records participant's nutritional intake as planned and recommends variation to nutritional plan with appropriate rationale. Monitors participant's weight and notes significant changes to recommend dietary changes as appropriate. Reviews diet orders in charts to ensure appropriateness and updates Supervisor of Dietary Services with any changes.
- Recognizes department problems and takes responsibility for documentation, demonstrates active participation in Quality Initiative processes, and proactively reports any deficiencies or issues with food service vendor(s), other contracted vendors, or environmental health issues to Supervisor Dietary Services. Stays current with knowledge and expertise regarding industry standards in nutrition.
- Participates as an active member of the interdisciplinary team. Attends staff meetings and takes part in participant care planning as assigned.
- Completes other projects and duties as assigned.
Experience & Education:
- Bachelor's degree in Nutrition from an ADA accredited institution required.
- Registered Dietitian (RD) or Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) Certification by the Commission on Dietetic Registration required.
- 2 years of work experience as a Registered Dietitian required.
- 1 year of experience working with the frail or elderly population required.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the position such as those listed above is also qualifying.
- Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) status preferred.
- Bilingual in English and one of CalOptima Health's defined threshold languages (Arabic, Farsi, Chinese, Korean, Spanish, Vietnamese) preferred.
About our Benefits & Wellness options:
At CalOptima Health, we know that a healthy and happy workforce is a thriving workforce, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package, including participation in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS), low-cost medical/vision/dental insurance options, and paid time off. To support quality work-life balance, we allow flexible scheduling during core business hours, telework options for some positions, work schedules that allow every other Monday or Friday off (9/80 schedule), and a wellness program featuring diverse activities. Additionally, CalOptima Health contributes 4% of pensionable earnings to a 401(a) retirement program with no required employee contribution. Employees also have access to 457(b) retirement plans with pre/post-tax contribution options.
CalOptima is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes all employment decisions on the basis of merit. CalOptima wants to have qualified employees in every job position. CalOptima prohibits unlawful discrimination against any employee, or applicant for employment, based on race, religion/religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, sex stereotype, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transitioning status, age, sexual orientation, immigration status, military status as a disabled veteran, or veteran of the Vietnam era, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. CalOptima also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has, or is perceived as having, any of those characteristics.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting Human Resources Disability Management at 657-900-1134.
Job Location: Orange, California
To apply, visit https://jobs.silkroad.com/CalOptima/Careers/jobs/4022
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Preferred Years Of Experience:2 Year(s)
Education Required:4 Year Degree - BS
Date Posted : 02/28/2023
Share On :