JOIN US IN MAKING THE MOST OF EVERY DAY!
Hospice of The Western Reserve operates in celebration of the individual worth of each life, we strive to relieve suffering, enhance comfort, promote quality of life, foster choice in end-of-life care and support effective grieving.
We believe that our success starts with our greatest asset: OUR EMPLOYEES!
We live our shared core values in everything we do:
COMPASSION. EXCELLENCE. EQUALITY. INTEGRITY. SERVICE. STEWARDSHIP.
We have a passion for purpose driven work! Do you?
JOIN OUR FAMILY!
Set up and serve meals for patients, cafeteria and catering. Ware washing. Maintain cleaning and sanitation standards for kitchen, cafeteria and catering.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Patient Food Service
- Pull cold items for patient meal service per tally and setup on patient trayline
- Set up hot food on patient trayline
- Serve hot and cold foods per meal ticket selections and per serving standards
- Transport patient trays to wings/pavilions for delivery by clinical staff
- Prepare and deliver late trays
- Breakdown patient trayline after meal service; work with cook to manage leftovers
- Wash pots/pans from serving line; clean and sanitize trayline equipment
- At designated times, pick up carts with dirty trays from meal service
- Wash patient dishes
- Follow guidelines for trash, dirty linen and recyclable collection
- Sweep and mop floors
- Accurately complete all documentation as specified
- Provide backup for menu aide, if trained, for preparation and completion of menus and tallies
- Accurately maintain dietary patient census, assure correct menu for diet order
- Interact with patients and families in the daily selection of menu choices
- Accurately tally patient menu selections for hot and cold foods
- Set up and break down catering events as assigned
- Set up cafeteria line with food/beverages and supplies for meal service needs
- Serve in cafeteria according to portion and service standards
- Operate POS system; reconcile cash drawer
- Clean and sanitize cafeteria serving areas, tables and chairs
- Answer phone per protocol and make simple diet changes as indicated
- Other duties and functions as assigned based upon patient, team and agency needs
- Must be able to read, write and carry out instructions
- Minimum of one year healthcare food service experience preferred
- Equivalent education/experience may substitute for minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration
- Total Rewards Package to include Retirement, Health, Dental, Vision, voluntary benefits and Corporate Discounts
- Tuition Assistance
- Non-exempt role
- Protocols in place for wellbeing during COVID-19
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT: